What is CoronaVirus?
Corona-viruses are a family of viruses that cause disease in animals. So far there are 7 instances including the new virus which has made the jump to humans. Previously identified known Coronavirus types are MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome ) and SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). These 2 viruses have killed more than 15000 humans since 2002.
How Coronavirus spreads?
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- By touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
What are the symptoms
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
Steps to protect yourself and others
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a face-mask if you are sick.
Why Sri Lanka is one of the most safest plasce to avoid Corona Virus
- To prevent the spread of the coronavirus, authorities in Sri Lanka at all ports of entry have implemented the following cautionary measures,
- Travelers are advised to report to the health desk which is open 24/7 if they have any symptoms like coughing, high fever, cold, or difficulty in breathing.
- Passengers with any signs or symptoms will then be screened at the airport health desk to determine the possibility of the coronavirus. After this, appropriate measures will be taken.
- Thermal scanners are installed in the airport to detect passengers with high temperatures.
- In addition, the Sri Lankan government has requested authorities to remove the On-Arrival visa for all Chinese nationals. All passengers traveling from China are routinely checked and ensured they are not showing any symptoms.
So by considering all these facts, without no doubt, Sri Lanka is one of the most protected heavens in the entire world. Paul Charles, senior British travel consultant says that the island country Sri Lanka processes the natural conditions to avoid coronavirus. In his interview, he briefly stated that the window of spreading the virus is very less because of its sunny weather and you will be safer there than your own country. So where else could you think is safer than Sri Lanka?